You are passionate about your message,
and you want to make sure it’s clear for your audience.
I can help you with that.
I'm Heather Ross, and I am passionate about working with words.
After a decade of large-scale project management, I've switched gears to bring my project and editing skills together to work one-on-one with writers. I love working with innovators like you, who have a clear vision and a message to share.
My editing work is a collaboration with you. From beginning to end, my goal is to ensure that your unique, distinct voice is clear in every word.
Ready to get started?
Qualifications & Skills
Editing Certificate, Simon Fraser University
Project Management Certificate, Langara College
BA in English Literature, Concordia University
Seminars by the British Columbia branch of Editors Canada
- From Slush Pile to Newsstand: Workshopping the Magazine Workflow with Jennifer Landels
- Inclusive Style Guides: Elements of Indigenous Style & The Evolving Style Guide: A Practical Approach with Gregory Younging & Ruth Wilson
- Maximizing the Tools in Microsoft Word with Michael Ouchi
- Tips and Tools for Self-Publishing and Small Presses with Eve Rickert and Franklin Veaux
- Editing Fiction with Caroline Adderson
- Freelance Editing 101 with Barbara Adamski
- Eight-Step Editing with Jim Taylor
- Effective Writing for the Web with Zoe Grams
Editors Canada Conference 2016
Professional affiliation and contacts
Member of Editors Canada (2013-present)
Seamwork Magazine, "The Seamworker's Guide to Vancouver, British Columbia"
Volunteering & community involvement
Editors BC member services chair, 2016-present
Positive Living Magazine, copy editor, 2015-present